Brushing Techniques you can teach your Child:
Until your child gets a hang of brushing their teeth and using these simple steps, they should always remain under adult supervision.
- Use a small, pea-sized dab of an ADA-accepted fluoride toothpaste. Be sure to watch and make sure that your child does not swallow the toothpaste while brushing.
- Using a soft-bristled toothbrush, start by brushing the inside surface of each tooth first because this is where plaque may accumulate the most. Brush gently back and forth.
- After brushing the inside surfaces of the teeth sufficiently, then move on the outer surface of the teeth. Angle the brush along the outer gum line. Gently brush back and forth.
- Proceed to brush the chewing surface of each tooth. Gently brush back and forth.
- Then, use the tip of the brush to clean behind each front tooth, both bottom and to.
- Don’t forget about the tongue!
If you have any other questions regarding your child’s homecare routine, please contact Power Ranch Dental at (480) 988-2282! We would be happy to assist you with any further questions you might have.