How to keep good oral hygiene while having braces
Creating a good oral hygiene routine while a patient is in braces is crucial. One very important step is to make sure you are doing a really good job with brushing. Here are a few things to keep in mind when you are brushing with braces:
- Use a fluoride toothpaste.
- Use a soft bristled toothbrush.
- Begin brushing at a 45-degree angle using small, circular motions.
- Place toothbrush on top of brackets, angling down to brush on top of the brackets.
- Reposition the brush to brush the bottom to brackets as well as the wire, angling the toothbrush up.
For more information, give Power Ranch Dental a call at (480) 988- 2282. We look forward to hearing from you!