Dental Care for Children that are School-Age Gilbert, AZ
Once your children eat school- age, it becomes very important for them to develop good hygiene habits. Here are some tips that can help:
- Assist your children with twice-daily brushing using a child-sized toothbrush and pea-sized amount of toothpaste, up to age seven.
- Continue to assist your child in once-daily flossing until they feel confident with the skill.
- At age seven, your child should be able to brush teeth twice a day without much supervision. You can observer for proper technique and trough dental care through age seven.
- Maintain regular dental visits at least once every six months.
- Ask your dentist if he recommends sealants to aid cavity- prevention or your child.
- Involve your children in every step of dental care process, from picking out their tooth brush and toothpaste to remembering to brush twice daily.
If you have any more questions about helping your children and good dental habits or would like to set up a visit with our doctor, give Power Ranch Dental a call at (480) 988- 2282.