Early Dental Care Developing Children in Gilbert, AZ
It is important to create good habits for children’s dental care when they are still young. Here are a few tips to help build good oral hygiene routine for your child/children:
- Begin by preparing your baby for proper dental care by wiping his or her gums after each feeding with a clean, wet cloth.
- Use an ADA- approved tooth brush and plain water to brush after their first tooth erupts so they can get familiar with the habit.
- Flossing becomes a habit by flossing as soon as they get teeth that touch.
- After age two, begin brushing their teeth with a pea- sized amount of toothpaste and begin flossing daily.
- Carefully supervise your children to ensure they do not swallow the toothpaste and completely brush their teeth.