What is dry mouth?
Dry mouth is a condition of not having enough saliva to keep your mouth wet.
- Sticky or dry feelings in the mouth
- Trouble chewing, swallowing, tasting or speaking
- A burning feeling in the mouth
- A dry throat
- Cracked lips
- A dry tongue
- Mouth sores
- An infection in the mouth
Why is saliva so important?
- Saliva is there to help you digest food
- It protects the teeth from decay
- It prevents infection by controlling bacteria and fungi in the mouth.
- It make it possible for you to chew and swallow
Without enough saliva you can develop tooth decay or other infection in the mouth. It also might not get the nutrients you need if you cannot chew and swallow certain food. For more information about dry mouth, give Power Ranch Dental a call at (480) 988- 2282. Thanks!