Until your child gets a hang of brushing their teeth and gets into the habit of these simple steps, they should always remain under adult supervision.
- Be sure to use a small, pea-sized dab of ADA-accepted fluoride toothpaste. Watch to make sure your child does not swallow the toothpaste while brushing.
- Using a soft-bristled toothbrush, start by brushing the inside surface of each tooth. This is where plaque may accumulate the most.
- After brushing the inside surfaces of the teeth sufficiently, move on the outer surface of the teeth. Angle the brush along the outer gum line. Gently brush back and forth.
- Proceed to brush the chewing surface of each tooth. Gently brush back and forth.
- Finish by using the tip of the brush to clean behind each front tooth, both bottom and top.
- Don’t forget about the tongue!
If you have any other questions regarding your child’s homecare routine, please contact Power Ranch Dental at (480) 988-2282! We would be happy to assist you with any further questions you might have.