There can be a number of reasons why your teeth are sensitive. Some of the most common reasons are as follows:
- Gum recession due to age or improper brushing.
- Acidic beverages that cause enamel erosion and dentin exposure.
- Tooth grinding.
- Brushing with abrasive toothpaste, brushing incorrectly and/or brushing more than three times a day which could result in enamel loss.
- Gum disease, which can result in recession.
- A chipped tooth that exposed dentin.
Some dental treatments can cause sensitivity. Teeth whitening, teeth cleanings, having braces put on or getting a filling placed are some treatments that cause this sensitivity. If you have more questions, please call Power Ranch Dental at (480) 988- 2282. We look forward to hearing from you soon.