Early Dental Care for Babies and Toddlers Gilbert, AZ
It is important to create good habits for children’s dental care when they are still young. Here are some tips to help build good oral hygiene:
- Begin by preparing your baby for proper dental care by wiling his or her gums after each feeding with a clean, wet cloth.
- Use an ADA- approved tooth brush and plain water to brush after their first tooth erupts so they can get familiar with the habit.
- Flossing becomes a habit by flossing as soon as they get teeth that touch.
- After age two, begin brushing their teeth with a pea- sized amount of ADA- approved fluoride toothpaste and begin flossing daily.
- Carefully supervise your children to ensure they do not swallow the toothpaste and completely brush their teeth.
If you would like more advice about dental care for your babies or toddlers or would like to schedule they an appointment with the dentist, give us a phone call at (480) 988- 2282.