What are some Symptoms of TMJ?
Many signs and symptoms come about with TMJ disorders. Since one or more of these symptoms can be present among other problems, it can be hard to know if you have TMJ. A dentist can help make a proper diagnosis by taking a complete medical and dental history, have a dentist conduct a clinical exam and by taking appropriate x-rays.
Some common TMJ symptoms include:
- Headaches, earaches, and pain or pressure behind the eyes.
- A clicking or popping sound when you open or close your mouth.
- Pain brought on by yawning, opening the mouth wide or chewing.
- Jaws that “get stuck,” lock in place, or go out.
- Tenderness of the jaw muscles.
- A sudden change in the way the upper and lower teeth fit together.
If you have any other questions about TMJ or would like us to evaluate your case, give our office a call at (480) 988-2282. We would love to help you with any and all questions you may have.